Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Neil



Neil: So how often are you going to update your new blog?
Erin: As often as possible
Neil: Good!
Erin: Any time something is awesome!
Neil: I'm awesome!

And so it came to pass that the second entry on Erin Digs It is about Neil.

Neil and I first came into contact with one another in December of 2003 on Match.com. I had just had my heart stomped on and was trying to force myself to be at least marginally interested in anyone besides the heart-stomper. When I saw Neil's profile I thought that he was too old for me (he did state that he was looking for women older than I was) but that he sounded cool and could perhaps be my quirky platonic older man friend. We exchanged a few messages and then the holidays came along and we fell out of touch.

Fast forward to November 2004. I had spent most of that year with a jerk, although I did not let that jerk stomp my heart, so I was in better shape for dating. Neil came across me on MySpace (of all places) and we started chatting. Then we went out to dinner. And the rest, as they say is history.

"Okay, Erin," you're saying, "that's a very sweet story, but that does not prove Neil's awesomeness. Where's the beef?"

Allow me to enumerate:

1. He is kind. Neil is one of the nicest people I know. He can snark along with the best of them, but in general he is good-natured and very loving. He does nice stuff for me all the time.
2. He is funny. He has a very quick wit and we crack each other up all the time. Relatedly, he thinks I'm funny, which is important.
3. Look how cute he is!
4. He's multi-talented. He's a photographer, he's a musician, he's working on a second degree in graphic design, and he's pretty handy.
5. He is a very loving father to our animules, Otis the Boston terrier and Franklin the cat.
6. He's an adventurous eater and gets excited about food, just like me.
7. He makes coffee every morning while I'm in the shower.
8. He has good taste in pretty much everything (especially women).
9. He has awesome hair.
10. He has great friends and family whom I've come to love as my own.

See, what did I tell you? Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment